Our hours are always dependent on staffing and we are not allowing staff to work with any symptoms, so there may be a temporary building closure if staff get sick. We will publicize any closure on our website, Facebook and our phone.
Porch pick-up is still available to those who need this service. To request either a specific title/titles, or to get recommendations for reads, give us a call at 763-5803. We also offer Home Delivery twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, to any homebound residents.
- Library users may browse the shelves, pick up holds or use our computers. Public computer usage, copying and printing will also be offered.
- Please be mindful of personal space when in the library and maintain adequate social distancing for your comfort and the comfort of those around you.
- Please avoid public places if you have any symptoms of illness, or if you have been around any confirmed or suspected COVID cases. If you have been asked to quarantine, even if you test negative, we ask that you stay home during your quarantine period.
- Please remember that no space is free of risk, and although we are doing everything we can, it is everyone’s responsibility to create a safe space.
Our reopening plan is contingent on everyone’s ability to follow these guidelines, and our ability to maintain a safe, clean space for all our patrons and staff. I thank everyone in advance for all your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you again soon, even on this limited basis.
What safety precautions is the library taking?
Staff are required to stay home if they have any symptoms of COVID. As a result of this policy, the library may have unplanned temporary closure if we cannot staff the building. Staff also wear face masks covering their nose and mouth.
Staff are all following hygiene procedures including frequent hand-washing and sanitizing of surfaces and all public spaces, including bathrooms. We recommend that the public also practice frequent hand-washing and hygiene procedures when handling books and going out in public. Please be advised that no public space is without risk.
The library is currently accepting returns and patrons can return items both outside in the box, and at the front desk.
We are available for porch pickup by appointment. Please call 763-5803 to arrange.
Porch Pick-up Procedures
The library began offering porch pickup starting Monday, June 8, 2020 – by appointment only. Here’s how it works:
- You may place holds, just as before, by searching/browsing the catalog and then logging in to your account online or by calling the library at 763-5803.You may also request items by emailing email@example.com . If you want more information on how to place holds yourself, check out this video.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or phone notification from the library.
- At that point, you must call the library at (603) 763-5803 to schedule a pickup time.
- Visit the library at your scheduled time to retrieve your materials. At this time, you may also return any items you have out, using the library-approved procedure.
How will I pick up my holds?
Items will be placed on the library porch during your pick-up time only. They will be placed in paper bags labeled with your first name and last initial, as well as your library card number. Items will already be checked out to you with due date slips for your convenience. This service is no-contact, so staff will not be outside.
Is there a limit on materials?
At this time we are not limiting materials for checkout.
How can I find out if my holds are ready?
Call the library at 763-5803 to set up a time for pick up.
How do I place holds on items?
You can place holds directly through our catalog using your library account number, or you may call or email us to request items.
I don’t have a library card! Can I use this service?
Yes. We can set up a card for you. Call us at 763-5803 for more information.
Can I request items from other libraries?
Yes, the NH State Library’s InterLibrary Loan service is now up and running. If at any point this service is temporarily paused, we will notify the community.
Can I request additional items after I reserve my pickup time?
Yes, but the items requested may not be available for your initial pick-up slot.
How long will you offer this service?
We will offer this service as long as it is needed to help maintain social distancing.
If you have any questions that we did not answer, please call 763-5803 or email us.