The library will expand it’s public service hours starting Sunday May 16th.
The library’s open hours will be:
Our hours are always dependent on staffing and we are not allowing staff to work with any symptoms, so there may be a temporary building closure if staff get sick. We will publicize any closure on our website, Facebook and our phone.
Porch pick-up is still available to those who need this service, or to anyone refusing to wear a mask. See our pandemic policy for details. To request either a specific title/titles, or to get recommendations for reads, give us a call at 763-5803. We also offer Home Delivery twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, to any homebound residents.
It is required that all staff and public wear masks while in the building. Hand sanitizer will be available as you enter the library, and at the computer terminals and bathrooms. The number of computers available will be limited to allow for adequate social distancing. We ask that you respect personal space when moving through the library and we have marked the building with signs to make this process clearly visible. Restrooms are available, but we encourage you to use the bathroom at home to help minimize the frequency of cleaning.
- At any one time, the number of people allowed in the building will be limited, to be determined by staff on duty. Please wait at the door until it is your turn, if the library is already occupied.
- Library users may browse the shelves, pick up holds or use our computers. Public computer usage, copying and printing will also be offered.
- Please be mindful of personal space when in the library and maintain adequate social distancing for your comfort and the comfort of those around you.
- Please avoid public places if you have any symptoms of illness, or if you have been around any confirmed or suspected COVID cases. If you have been asked to quarantine, even if you test negative, we ask that you stay home during your quarantine period.
- Properly-fitting face masks covering your nose and mouth are required in the building. Remember to bring your own mask; we will provide disposable masks if you forget. Porch pick-up is available for those who do not want to or cannot wear a mask.
- Please remember that no space is free of risk, and although we are doing everything we can, it is everyone’s responsibility to create a safe space. CDC guidelines suggest maintaining at least a 6ft distance from other people, and frequently washing your hands using sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
Our reopening plan is contingent on everyone’s ability to follow these guidelines, and our ability to maintain a safe, clean space for all our patrons and staff. I thank everyone in advance for all your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you again soon, even on this limited basis. Please Read our Pandemic Policy for more information.
What safety precautions is the library taking?
Staff are required to complete daily health screenings, and if they have any potential symptoms of COVID or illness, they must stay home. As a result of this policy, the library may have unplanned temporary closure if we cannot staff the building.
Staff are all wearing masks and following hygiene procedures including frequent hand-washing and sanitizing of surfaces and all public spaces, including bathrooms. We recommend that the public also practice frequent hand-washing, mask wearing and hygiene procedures when handling books and going out in public. Please be advised that no public space is without risk.
The library is currently accepting returns and patrons can return items both outside in the box, and at the front desk. We ask that you wear a face mask while returning materials, and that you use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before and after returning any library materials.
We are available for porch pickup by appointment. Please call 763-5803 to arrange.
Porch Pick-up Procedures
The library began offering porch pickup starting Monday, June 8, 2020 – by appointment only. Here’s how it works:
- You may place holds, just as before, by searching/browsing the catalog and then logging in to your account online or by calling the library at 763-5803.You may also request items by emailing email@example.com . If you want more information on how to place holds yourself, check out this video.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or phone notification from the library.
- At that point, you must call the library at (603) 763-5803 to schedule a pickup time.
- Visit the library at your scheduled time to retrieve your materials. At this time, you may also return any items you have out, using the library-approved procedure.
How will I pick up my holds?
Items will be placed on the library porch during your pick-up time only. They will be placed in paper bags labeled with your first name and last initial, as well as your library card number. Items will already be checked out to you with due date slips for your convenience. This service is no-contact, so staff will not be outside.
Is there a limit on materials?
At this time we are not limiting materials for checkout.
How can I find out if my holds are ready?
Call the library at 763-5803 to set up a time for pick up.
How do I place holds on items?
You can place holds directly through our catalog using your library account number, or you may call or email us to request items.
I don’t have a library card! Can I use this service?
Yes. We can set up a card for you. Call us at 763-5803 for more information.
Can I request items from other libraries?
Yes, the NH State Library’s InterLibrary Loan service is now up and running. If at any point this service is temporarily paused, we will notify the community.
Can I request additional items after I reserve my pickup time?
Yes, but the items requested may not be available for your initial pick-up slot.
How long will you offer this service?
We will offer this service as long as it is needed to help maintain social distancing.
If you have any questions that we did not answer, please call 763-5803 or email us.