Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Crossword Puzzles (but didn’t know who to ask)
August 26 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Discover the intricacies of modern crossword puzzles from a published constructor, including:
- The “rules” of crossword puzzles (and which ones can be broken)
- Different types of clues and how to recognize them
- Understanding crossword themes
- Getting to know the New York Times crossword puzzle
- Solving strategies
- How puzzles are created and how constructors think
Plus, solve a custom-made crossword, constructed for this event.
Pete Mitchell is a Library Aide at the Newbury Public Library. He has crosswords published in both the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times and is a 13-time “competitor” in the AMerican Crossword Puzzle Tournament.